Bioinformatics Solutions Inc. (BSI), founded in 2000 in Waterloo, Canada, develops and continually innovates the software platform PEAKS to identify and quantify proteins in very complex biological samples with LC-MS. We are focused on serving the proteomics research community. Also, we are working with our partners to develop new technologies – including PEAKS AB Service and PEAKS AB Software based on an integrated mass spectrometry and data analysis workflow. It allows us to quickly and cost effectively characterize antibodies.
Over the past decades, mass spectrometers and other related analytical techniques have improved significantly. However, the computational solutions that are required to analyze the data mass spectrometers produce have lagged behind. Software that easily, completely, sensitively, and accurately retrieves the meaningful knowledge from the massive experimental data is needed. Based on advanced algorithms from innovative research, BSI is intensely collaborating with wet-lab and computational researchers to fulfill this requirement.
As their UX/UI Designer I transform ideas from concept to launch;
- Collect project requirements from relevant stakeholders.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with product, application, and development teams.
- Solid understanding of creating user-centered experiences with complex requirements.
- Collaborate with team members to maintain design consistency, ensuring a high standard of elegance and modern creativity.
- Develop and design various features of our desktop and web applications that inspire, engage, and excite end users.
- Understand and solve functional problems for our desktop and web application users.
- Own the end-to-end design process from defining specs to building wireframes to finalize mockups.
- Analyze and update designs using user testing and feedback to iterate and improve